Saturday, August 11, 2007

Big Girl Hannah

Tonight was an interesting adventure in parenting...

While Joel and I were in the kitchen making some delicious fish tacos while Jael baby was supposed to be napping. She was fussing in her bassinet so I went in to her room to check on her and give her back her pacifier. Hannah girl followed me in and was looking for one of our cats under the guest bed. I left the room, with Jael still fussing a bit and Hannah girl looking under the bed. Hannah must have the magic because she was able to calm her sister when Joel and I had failed!

After Hannah soothed her little sister she trotted out into the family room and picked up my empty water cup that I had left on the floor next to the couch. She carried it matter-of-factly into the kitchen to the fridge. She proceeded to then get some water from our fridge water dispenser, take a drink and then carry the cup to the table where she placed it sweetly. Then she pushed her high chair to the table and played with the 'seat belt' for it until we were ready to serve dinner!

When did my baby Hannah grow up into a thoughtful big girl? How did I miss that?!

No comments: