

Yesterday afternoon both of my little girls amazed me in completely different ways. Jael baby, after two days of really working hard at turning from her back to her front finally succeded! She was pulling up her little baby legs and rolling to her side, grunting and using those baby ab muscles and she managed to get herself completely over and into position on her tummy, as if I had just laid her down there! Oh, my I was so proud at her little moment! I shouted for joy and cheered her when she did it...I just couldn't help myself! She turned over three more times throughout the rest of the day! She wanted nothing to do with anything else (including eating) for the remainder of the day, lol!
Then there's fantastic big girl Hannah Grace! Three days ago we found a toddler bed for $10 on Craigslist, one that if we had bought it new at Walmart would have cost us about $50! We talked with Hannah on the way to get it explaining what we were doing and why. When we picked up the bed it was a bit bigger than the back of our car so it was slightly hanging over her head on the ride home. She was touching it and 'talking' about it...you could just see the excitement in her eyes! We then left it in the formal living room until the next day, so I could disinfect it.
The next morning Hannah went straight to that room after waking up to visit with her new bed. Joel even brought down her mattress so that she could see what the bed would look like 'finished'. That afternoon at her nap we talked about how that would be her last nap in her crib and that that night she would get to sleep in her new big girl bed. She was so excited and kept nodding her head yes! :0)
That night she did a fantastic job! She went right to sleep and only rolled out of bed once (much to our chagrin and slight amusement) and under her crib up against the wall. Joel of course, successfully rescued her and sweetly placed her back in bed.
Yesterday afternoon she had her first afternoon nap in her bed. I was a bit nervous about how she would react with her new ability to move freely around her room. I was worried for naught! I only had to go up and check on her twice, only one time to enforce the rules. Our Hannanda...I'm so proud of her and the sweet big girl that she's becoming.
Everyone says how your babies grow up so very fast...it's so true!
Then there's fantastic big girl Hannah Grace! Three days ago we found a toddler bed for $10 on Craigslist, one that if we had bought it new at Walmart would have cost us about $50! We talked with Hannah on the way to get it explaining what we were doing and why. When we picked up the bed it was a bit bigger than the back of our car so it was slightly hanging over her head on the ride home. She was touching it and 'talking' about it...you could just see the excitement in her eyes! We then left it in the formal living room until the next day, so I could disinfect it.
The next morning Hannah went straight to that room after waking up to visit with her new bed. Joel even brought down her mattress so that she could see what the bed would look like 'finished'. That afternoon at her nap we talked about how that would be her last nap in her crib and that that night she would get to sleep in her new big girl bed. She was so excited and kept nodding her head yes! :0)
That night she did a fantastic job! She went right to sleep and only rolled out of bed once (much to our chagrin and slight amusement) and under her crib up against the wall. Joel of course, successfully rescued her and sweetly placed her back in bed.
Yesterday afternoon she had her first afternoon nap in her bed. I was a bit nervous about how she would react with her new ability to move freely around her room. I was worried for naught! I only had to go up and check on her twice, only one time to enforce the rules. Our Hannanda...I'm so proud of her and the sweet big girl that she's becoming.
Everyone says how your babies grow up so very fast...it's so true!
3 comments:
Yay! What a great transition for Hannah into a new bed. Isn't craigslist the best... we got a ton of baby stuff off of it for Jordan.
Did Hannah move out of her crib because you're moving Jael into it soon?
Oh, I'm so proud of her!! We are going to be moving Jael baby into the crib...but we've got to get a new mattress, which we've not purchased yet! :0)
I'll be a bit sad to see her go, honestly!
I have enjoyed your blog Kim, thanks for sharing!!
Just so you don't think I am neglecting my dear family this evening my baby is fast asleep and Paul is in Colorado for the week with work... he left early this morning.
Sometime could you share your testimony on here? Just from tidbits you have said about things I am very interested to hear!
You have a darling family and every reason to be proud of them :)
Post a Comment